The Patient Centered Medical Home is a health care setting that facilitates partnerships between individual patients, and their personal physicians, and when appropriate, the patient’s family. Care is facilitated by registries, information technology, health information exchange and other means to assure that you get the indicated care when and where your need and want it, in a culturally and linguistically appropriate manner.
The Naval Medical Center Portsmouth, Boone Branch Health Clinic has recently implemented Navy Medicine’s Patient Centered Medical Home model known as "Medical Home Port".
The hallmark of “Medical Home Port” is enhanced continuity of care with a focus on prevention. Therefore, patients will be assigned to a specific team (Green, Red, Blue or Purple) that will include their Primary Care Manager (PCM), 2-3 other credentialed providers, Registered Nurses, Licensed Practical Nurses and several Hospital Corpsman or Medical Assistants. If your PCM is not available, you may be scheduled with another provider on your team to enhance continuity of care.
Remember that we are your partner in your care and are here to assist you with all of your health care needs.
Tired of waiting on hold or trying to book an appointment when all you really need is to ask your provider a question? Why not sign up for Secure Messaging and be able to communicate with your provider and Medical Home Port Team? Secure Messaging provides connectivity that enables all participants in the delivery of healthcare to communicate with each other more efficiently, effectively, and securely. Just provide a working email address and ask to get signed up at your next patient encounter. Or register for an account at https://app.mil.relayhealth.com.
Benefit to Patients:
- Connectivity to healthcare providers for routine communications
- Access to lab and other diagnostic test results
- Consultations for non-urgent health matters
- Access to view healthcare account information and pay bills
- Set up and management of Personal Health Records (PHR)
TRICARE Online provides secure access to online features for DoD beneficiaries receiving care through a military treatment facility.
TRICARE Online allows you to:
- schedule and cancel appointments for yourself or your authorized family members
- receive email and text message appointment reminders
- refill and check the status of your prescriptions
- view or download your personal health data via the Blue Button
- access your patient centered medical home site to communicate with your health care team
- access the online health risk assessments
- access the eForms Documentation Tool to maximize personal time with your provider
To access these features, please log into TOL using your CAC or DS Logon account. In the near future, users will also be able to access TOL using a DFAS MyPay account.
To learn more about DS Logon or obtain a DS Logon account, please visit the DEERS DoD Self-Service Access Center.
To access general DoD beneficiary information, please visit www.tricare.mil.
Frequently Used Forms (save time in the check-in line):