Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
The Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Department evaluates, plans and coordinates the care for both dependents and active duty service members with concerns in the Maxillofacial/ Head and Neck Region. This includes all eligible beneficiaries in all age groups, newborn to geriatric patients as well as VA Resource sharing patients. Our surgical team treats both inpatients and outpatients as well as performing procedures in an ambulatory surgery based setting under IV Sedation.
Our surgical team consists of Board Certified Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons as well as fellowship trained surgeons in the fields of Cleft and Craniofacial Surgery, Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, and Oral/ Head and Neck Oncology.
Consultation requests include but are not limited to the following:
- Trauma of the head and neck, excluding intracranial and globe injuries
- Orthognathic Surgery: Correcting growth and developmental skeletal deformities of the jaws to improve function and appearance.
- Plastic Surgery: Facial cosmetic and reconstructive surgery, post MOHS reconstruction, Microvascular Reconstruction, Microneural Surgery
- Oncology: Comprehensive management of Oral/head and neck cancers and tumors
- Teeth: Removal of diseased and impacted teeth including wisdom teeth
- Dental Implants: ranging from single tooth to full arch surgical implant rehabilitations of the jaws for missing teeth
- Temporomandibular Joint Surgery: Conservative and surgical management of the TMJ region including arthroscopic procedures and custom total joint replacement
- Breathing issues: Nasal obstruction, Sleep apnea, breathing and sinus problems
- Cleft and Craniofacial: Cleft lip and palate reconstruction, cranial vault growth deformities as well as continued care for patients born with syndromic conditions