Exceptional Family Member Program
What is EFMP?
The Navy’s Exceptional Family Member Program (EFMP) assists Active Duty Sailors with family members who have special needs. This DoD mandatory enrollment program works with families to provide comprehensive and coordinated services to include medical, personnel, housing, educational, and community supports and services.
Members should check with their branch of service regarding enrollment/criteria.
EFMP Family Support Staff, along with an Installation’s School Liaison Officers, are the primary points of contact for EFMP.
Who is Eligible?
- DEERS enrolled Dependent of an active-duty service member who resides with the service member full time AND
- Has a chronic medical, mental health, dental, or educational condition requiring medication, specialized services/therapy, DME equipment, or care from a medical provider on a regular basis
How to Enroll/Update:
- The DD2792
- The DD2792-1 Required 3-18 years; under 3 if receiving Early Intervention
**Please note Jan 2021 version is required for enrollment/disenrollment/ update
How to Disenroll:
- Medical Disenrollment Request: Previously enrolled condition(s) have resolved (no medical treatment in 3-5yrs), completion of DD 2792 and/or DD 2792-1you may request medical disenrollment by completing the applicable forms used for updating.
- Non Medical/Administrative Disenrollment Request: In the event of divorce, death, or change in physical custody, a disenrollment letter is required from the service member’s COC.