The Boone Dental Department's vision is to promote, protect, and restore the dental health for those entrusted to our care. In doing so, we must ensure dental readiness while optimizing dental health.
The primary mission of our clinic, is to provide dental care for active duty personnel that will prevent or remedy diseases, disabilities, and injuries of the teeth, jaws, and related structures, which may directly or indirectly interfere with the performance of military duties.
- Screenings (Operational, Special Duty, Retirement/Separation, Commissioning)
- Radiographs (X-Rays)
- Restorative (Fillings, Crowns)
- Prosthodontics (Dentures, Implants, Bridges)
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
How to Make an Appointment
- Please call 757-953-8334/8335 for appointments
Eligibility for Treatment
Active Duty beneficiaries are prioritized for treatment
Reservists are only authorized to receive definitive treatment when they are on active orders for 30 or more days.
Reservists are eligible to receive annual exams, regardless of activation status
Annual exams require a scheduled appointment
- Walk-ins will be seen based on space availability
Dental Sick Call
- Sick call hours daily from 0900-1100 Monday through Friday
- True emergencies may be seen at any time during normal business hours
The following are considered dental emergencies:
- Severe Pain or Swelling
- Uncontrolled Bleeding
*Retirees with dental emergencies will be evaluated and stabilized; however, routine treatment is not authorized*
After Hours Dental Emergencies
- Patients may report to the Naval Station Norfolk (Sewell’s Point) Dental Clinic, Monday thru Thursday from 3:45 p.m. - 6 p.m. and on Fridays from 12:45 p.m. - 6 p.m.
- Patients may also report to the Naval Medical Center Portsmouth Emergency Department 24/7.