Breast Health Center
The Naval Medical Center Portsmouth (NMCP) Breast Clinic employs an interdisciplinary approach to the treatment of benign breast disease and breast cancer.
Surgeons in the Breast Clinic at NMCP evaluate many people who have various breast conditions such as:
- Abnormal mammogram and new or suspicious lumps.
- New diagnosis of breast cancer
- Breast cancer risk assessment and family history of breast cancer
- Noncancerous breast disease, including atypical, ductal or lobular hyperplasia and lobular carcinoma in situ (LCIS)
- Other breast problems such as changes in breast skin, nipple discharge, breast infection and breast pain
Breast specialists at NMCP work with you to develop a comprehensive care plan for your breast conditions. Our doctors and nurses will help guide you through your evaluation, which may include medical imaging and biopsies using mammography, ultrasound, or MRI (radiology), medical cancer treatment (oncology), laboratory studies (pathology), surgery, radiation therapy for cancer (radiation oncology), plastic surgery, genetics and psychology to diagnose and treat breast conditions.
Doctors from the Breast Clinic coordinate needed services, from imaging to pathology and surgery, to ensure an accurate and efficient evaluation.