Inpatient Mental Health
Patient Contact Information
The below information is provided to assist both command and family members during a patients’ stay at Naval Medical Center, Portsmouth VA.
Ward Visitation & Phone Numbers
For Active Duty patients: Chain of Command representatives in uniform are welcome to visit at any time for official business. If patient is engaged in treatment groups, they may be requested to wait until available.
Family Visitation: For visitation by children under the age of 18, visitation is arranged on a case by case basis with a written physician’s order after discussion with treatment team.
Monday-Friday 4:30-6:30 p.m.
Saturday-Sunday and Holidays 2:30-6:30 p.m.
Nursing Station (757) 953-4856/4859
Patient Phone (757) 953-5507 & (757) 953-5506
Nursing Station (757) 953-4917
Patient Phone (757) 953-5504
Visitor and Patient Personal Belongings
Weapons, knives, bags, purses, cell phones and outside food items are not allowed on the units. All items are subject to search and will be maintained at the nursing station during visitation if necessary.
Patients will need the following items:
1. One pair of sneakers and physical training attire (without drawstrings)
2. Four pairs of socks, undergarments, and T-shirts
3. Two sets of uniform, including cover, belt, and shoes (Active Duty Only)
4. Personal hygiene items
5. Appropriate civilian attire may be required for certain activities (limit 3 outfit)
6. Pre-Paid long distance calling card due to limited long distance services on unit
The following items Are NOT allowed:
1. Personal blankets, pillows, stuffed animals, etc.
2. Outside food or drink
3. Glass and metal objects to include but not limited to scissors, paper clips and spiral notebooks
4. Pornographic or sexually suggestive material
5. Any drug or alcohol including over the counter medications and toiletries containing alcohol
6. Any apparel containing lewd or offensive language or pictures