OB/GYN Residencies & Internships
The NMCP Gynecologic Surgery and Obstetrics (GS&O) Residency program takes applications for Clerkship rotations (May through October) starting 07 DEC
through 31 MAR
Please see our Clerkships page
to find the appropriate forms to complete your application.
Determination of acceptance and notification to applicants for GS&O Clerkships will occur mid-April. Medical students will have until the end of April to either accept or decline the offers. A waitlist will also be maintained and students notified individually as spots become available.
Please Include the following in your email application to usn.hampton-roads.navhospporsva.list.NMCP-MedStudentCoordinator@health.mil
Why come to Naval Medical Center Portsmouth
- NMCP GME Clerkship application form
- Updated CV
- Personal Statement
- Unofficial medical school transcripts
- Optional photo
Choice of Electives
The Obstetrics and Gynecology Residency
program at NMCP offers different electives and dedicated blocks on various subspecialties. The program includes rotations in Family Planning, Gynecologic Surgery, and curated personal interest electives.
State of the art Bio-Skills Training
We have a state of the art Healthcare Simulation and Bioskills Training Center that is accredited by the American College of Surgeons.
Read about our Sim Center here
We are proud to teach Minimally-invasive Surgical Skills
We offer a variety of research opportunities:
- Fundamentals of Laparoscopic Surgery (FLS) certification prior to graduation
- Access to Simulation Center FLS trainers and advanced laparoscopic skills consoles 24/7.
- NMCP authorized FLS testing site
- Optional Robotic Surgery Certification
- Online course with dry-lab taught
- DaVinci Xi simulation and hands-on in OR (GynOnc, Urogyn)
- Robotic trainer consoles also available in Sim Center
- Dedicated research nurses, librarians, and biostatisticians
- Research teams and mentors
- Research points for graduation
- Annual resident research day
- AFD presentations supported with travel reimbursements
Why choose Virginia?
- Access to 22 National Parks, 37 State Parks, 600 miles of trails
- Cabins, campsites, waterways, bike trails, the beach
- Mountains, beaches, rolling hills and everything in between
- Over 230 wineries, 206 craft breweries, 70 distilleries and counting
- Year-round music festivals, some of America’s largest: folk, bluegrass, country, rock, jazz
- Loads of family friendly fun: children’s museums, zoos, theme parks
- Hundreds of historical sites and destinations: 8 presidential estates, Williamsburg, Richmond, Jamestown, Charlottesville, historic battlefields, museums, memorials
- And Much More